It's amazing how empty my brain can be until just one look at something can instantly set off ideas. I guess that happens because until I see that something can look so great, I never imagine that it could actually work. Like this wreath I made in about 10 minutes. The idea would have never occurred to me if I did not run across this:
I wasn't even searching for ideas for our front door even though I needed something, but when I saw this wreath in an HGTV online article about easy accessorizing with metallic spray paint, it specifically mentioned "sprucing up an inexpensive wreath".
I first thought about running out and getting a cheap wreath similar to the one above, but then I remembered some garland we had in storage. We already had gold spray paint and a hot glue gun, so I figured I would try out what we had and see if it came together. I first hot-glued the garland in the shape of a wreath, then spray-painted. While it was drying I pulled out some of my unused zig-zag fabric and cut off a strip.
Now, I'm completely aware my little do-it-yourself project didn't exactly turn out as fancy as the one in the article, but I decided to use what I had instead of buying new materials and it took very little time and hardly any effort. And because of that I'm extra satisfied with the outcome!



No comments:
Post a Comment