Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I had no idea how much fun this past weekend was going to be. It was Wesley's older sister's wedding and we actually started off the weekend on Thursday. {It hardly feels like it's been just about a week since then!}

Wesley was off to Starkville on Thursday afternoon for the "White Out" against LSU. After watching some of the very boring game and hearing that they got back at 1:30 a.m., I was so glad I decided not to go at the last minute. Instead, I didn't even finish watching the game and fell asleep early, but was up and ready to go at 7 a.m. Friday morning to make it for the start of the wedding festivities.

There was the bridal luncheon, rehearsal, and rehearsal dinner all on Friday. The wedding was at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning. I wasn't sure exactly how an early morning wedding was going to be, especially when the bridesmaids were expected there at 8:15 for pictures. Doesn't sound fun does it? Strangely enough, there is something fun about jumping in the car in your pj's with a large, strong coffee and no make-up and piling in the girls bathroom at the church to gossip and get ready. It was like living in the sorority house getting ready for a football game all over again - except we have husbands, and one who brought homemade chicken and cheese biscuits!

There is also something great about not having to wait out the whole day for the wedding to finally arrive. And having the rest of the day to relax and nowhere to be...


























Wesley's sisters
I loved that the bridesmaids' bouquets were monogrammed. It's a shame they only last a few hours and now I don't know what to do with mine, but there's got to be something... I need to brainstorm.
 

Getting married when most of your friends have kids, results in a "children's corner" at the reception!

There were a total of four children under three years old in the wedding ceremony who walked down the aisle to "Jesus Loves the Little Children".  They are adorable, but I got a dose of how wild three-year-old boys are. It was funny watching the Dads try to contain them while the bridal party was taking pictures.

I loved all the real fruit and artichokes in the flower arrangements. The color scheme for everything really introduced the new season.
  Congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment