I was so excited to find out Wesley had planned a trip to Miami Beach for our second anniversary! We love to travel and I was dying for a relaxing beach trip.
For our anniversary dinner, we dined right by the water at sunset at Smith & Wollensky.




On most nights we found ourselves going back to Lincoln Road. It seems like the most popular dining and shopping spot on Miami Beach. It has everything and I love that all the restaurants are in the middle of the street...and that most people bring their dogs with them to eat and shop. It definitely turned into our go-to spot for nightlife.
Ocean Drive was probably my favorite of all. I love all the history behind the restaurants and hotels. We walked around during the day, up and down Ocean and then on over to Collins Avenue area, shopping a little or grabbing lunch.




We had lunch at The Cardozo Hotel, where a scene from "Something About Mary" with Cameron Diaz was filmed. Their lime mojito was the most refreshing, amazing drink I've ever had.

We actually took a tour one morning that took you on land and in water. And of course, the only time it clouded up the whole week, we were right in the middle of the bay. I kept thinking all the tourist's camera flashes that were on board with us were lightning flashes, but as dark as it got, as windy as it got, and as scared as I got that we were about to get caught in the middle of the bay in a storm, the clouds just hovered over for a while and didn't even bring any rain. And the sun seemed to come back out as soon as we hit shore.

The tour guide's personality and the blaring music made it really fun. We were taken to Star Island and P Diddy's house {which was covered by palm trees for privacy}, Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan and several other "star's" houses were pointed out to us. And then there was Fisher Island, which is completely private and can only be visited by owners, by ferry, and is where Oprah has a condo.
I'm not gonna lie, it was completely eery being so far from land when the temperature dropped about ten degrees, the wind picked up and the water became extremely choppy.


The tour guide kept making jokes about the weather, while I was seriously questioning Wesley multiple times if he felt like it was safe for us to be in the water! Do guys ever get anxious or worried that their life is in danger? {I have to remember I'm dealing with the most laid back of them all!}
Mr. Laid Back searched on his iPad while laying on the beach for last minute Miami Heat tickets and found a pretty good deal. I'm so glad we went too. I've never been to an NBA game before but Wesley said that was the most entertaining one he's been to. There was even a DJ keeping the crowd energized throughout the game.
And of course LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and the Fab Four's
Juwan Howard!

The fan's were crazy and loud, which was fun, and among us all were Roger Federer and Emmanuelle Chriqui of "Entourage" on HBO!


One night we went over to Miami's Bal Harbour Shops and shopped around and ate amazing Italian at
Carpaccio.


Our hotel had a great ocean view from the restaurants and pool areas and it was nice get up for breakfast, or sit by the pool and have lunch.
A few days we went out to the beach.
And then our last day we headed back out to Ocean drive to have brunch at New's Cafe on 8th & Ocean and visit Dash Miami.

Overall a great anniversary trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment