Sunday, July 17, 2011

Carlisle: the new addition

This cute little thing standing next to Bentley, we picked up off the side of the road. She was so pitiful, panting and dirty... and her little puppy stomach and paws were on fire from the street's hot pavement.  There wasn't anything in sight for miles except for undeveloped land, mainly just woods.  Once we got her home, bathed and in the air condition, you would never had pinned her as a stray. I hate thinking back to how she was before we came along. I can't imagine that someone would actually have dropped her off close to where we found her, but I'm almost certain that had to be the case.

She was declared a healthy, 7 pound, 8-10 week old at the vet. It's possible she is a lab mix but there's no way to know for sure {well, except for expensive test results!}. And Bentley's not too sure about her, but hopefully they will grow to become friends! One thing is for sure though, I had absolutely no idea how much my life would change with this little one. My priorities have shifted and my schedule seems to revolve around her. I just hate leaving her!

I feel like finding her was meant to be and the thought of giving her away to a shelter was out of the question after one night with her. So, of course a trip to Pet Smart was a must for her and I began to understand why people have always said that once you have children you begin to spend all your money on them when I could not resist all the cute Martha Stewart pet products!

No comments:

Post a Comment