Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years

"This is the most serious attack on the United States since Pearl Harbor. There has never been a terrorist attack of this magnitude, in fact, on any country in the world, so far as we can tell." 
- Tom Brokaw, September 11, 2001

My stomach goes in knots when I think about the innocent flight passengers and 20,000+ employees that filled the Twin Towers on this day 10 years ago. The law enforcement officers, firefighters and others that were on the scene, all those that have continued sacrificing for our country thereafter and the families of the victims are all also on my mind.

This time last year, a blog post by Ron Hutchcraft was sent to my email. It helped me to remember that as a Christian, instead of just dwelling on the tragedy of 9/11 and how I was viewing it, I needed to also remember how God was viewing it.

"...Radio stations were calling, asking if I would do an interview the next day to talk about what had happened. How could I help thousands of listeners process this unprecedented trauma when I was still trying to sort out my own thoughts and feelings? Then I just bowed my head and prayed: "God, would You please help me see what's happening today through Your eyes? What are You seeing here?" Suddenly, I wasn't seeing collapsing towers or a terrorist attack. This was about thousands of people unexpectedly rushing into eternity, at one place and one time. Ready or not....I have an appointment with God that's long been scheduled in His calendar. But not in mine. It will come without warning. And only one thing will matter at that moment: "God has given us eternal life and this life is in His Son." 1 John 5:11 ." - Ron Hutchcraft

[Photo credit: Tribute in Light]

No comments:

Post a Comment