Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Orlando - Epcot Food & Wine Festival





On our trip to Orlando in October we were lucky to make it to Epcot during the 2012 International Food & Wine Festival. It was such a treat to be able to experience. We timed it perfectly and went hungry so we were able to try just about every country's food and stuff ourselves!

Our first stop  was Greece and out of the selections, we chose the Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki. It was amazing and we were just getting started.

Every now an then we would get a flight of beer to chase all the food down.

 It was so fun jumping from country to country. China was next and we chose the Mongolian beef with a Chinese steamed bun. So good.

A little entertainment in China.



In Italy, we got the Baked Cheese Ravioli (Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella), also known as Ravioli di Formaggio All’emiliana. It was amazing. All the food was the best food I have ever had hands down.

I also tried an Italian beer and I loved how the people taking orders were Italian. I got a "ciao bello". I love the Italian accent!

They always have a concert for the festival and this year it was the Gin Blossoms. They were really fun even if they were only popular in the 90's.


In Japan, we ordered a Spicy Hand Roll (Tuna & Salmon with Chili Pepper, Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil Topped with Kazan Volcano Sauce) and the California Roll (Avocado, Cucumber, Crab, Mayonnaise, Smelt Roe Rolled in Sushi Rice and Seaweed). I feel like a broken record, but best. sushi. ever. And Wesley got the Sake Strawberry Mist and I got the Kirin beer.

We also shopped around Japan. It's amazing how they make these "countries" so similar that you actually feel like you are there.


I love the French accent too. Who doesn't? All the shops had women speaking with a French accent and I really felt like I could've been there.





We picked up another flight of beer from Belgium. 




The fireworks were at 10PM and the countdown was on by the time we made it to Ireland. I ordered the Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie, Wesley got Guinness and then the fireworks started.







It was a really fun day. Now, I want to go to the International Food & Wine Festival every year. Or maybe just recommend that everyone try it at least once!

1 comment: