Saturday, June 23, 2012

cameras are like sunglasses for me

Blog posts are lacking due to the disappearance of my camera. It's somewhere in our house, but I've formed this awful habit of putting things away different places around the house thinking it's a great place only to forget where the great place was. I have looked everywhere so I'm beginning to lose hope. Cameras are like sunglasses to me because everybody is always losing sunglasses, but me...I lose cameras instead. This is only the third one I have lost. Maybe if I get one large enough it will be impossible to misplace? For now, I can only continue a post with iPhone photos, which are definitely not my favorite but I guess it's better than nothing.

The other weekend Wesley and I went to Oxford on Thursday for our friends' wedding weekend. We went on Thursday since a lot of the guys in the wedding had an early tee time Friday morning and it was way better than leaving our house before 5am Friday morning. Oxford was pretty dead when we hit the square Thursday night, but I kind of like going when it's like that. Completely opposite from a chaotic football weekend when we are usually there visiting. It reminded me why I loved to live in Oxford during the summers while I was in college. The crowds of students everywhere dies down and the whole town becomes such a more laid-back atmosphere.

Friday morning when Wesley left for golf, I got breakfast at the hotel and ended up eating in bed while watching the Today Show. Friday morning Today Shows are my favorite. It's the little things. Around 10am I got out and about, shopping a little on the square and even riding through campus with my windows down, music on and memories flowing. Around noon, more friends coming in town for the wedding started to get there and we all ended up meeting back up with the guys on the square for food and drinks. Around this time, I started to question what I was going to wear to the rehearsal dinner. Even though I already had something planned to wear, going shopping always gives me more ideas for what to wear.


Little did I know the after rehearsal party was going to be more like a rooftop rave. A really fun one with a DJ that kept playing Call Me Maybe as requested every second.




The next day a lot of us sat outside at Proud Larry's and it was probably my favorite part of the whole weekend - well aside from the rooftop after-party turned dance-athon.


The best part about these kinds of weekends is that it gives a reason to bring all of your favorite people together. By the end of weekends like this I'm ready to just move to Nashville and get everyone else that doesn't live there to move too so we can all be together and see these people every weekend. Can someone remind me why we all go our separate ways after college?



At least I have this guy around all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, if the Stocktons moved the Garners would be so sad!! Love the updates and LOVE the orange pants. Please oh please be my personal stylist after this little man is born ;)

    ReplyDelete