Our trip to Turks and Caicos, Providenciales Island was my absolute all-time favorite trip ever. I can't say enough great things about this trip. I'm not sure if my summarizing will do the trip justice but I don't want to forget a second of it, so here goes...
We stayed at the West Bay Club on Grace Bay. The Gansevoort was almost touching it and then a string of more resorts were about a five minute walk down the beach.
I'm convinced that even though I woke up at 2:45 am to catch the 6:05 am flight it is worth it to get a whole extra day at the beach.
Our first night we had dinner a short taxi ride away from our resort to Mango Reef. It was overlooking the ocean and you could even reserve a table on the beach. I ordered some coconut shrimp and I was wishing I had gotten Wesley's meal. A grouper on a bed of vegetables in Indian curry sauce. Wesley doesn't ever order fish but the waiter recommended it and it was pretty amazing.
Somewhere was our favorite place to go for lunch, and it was the most convenient since it was a walk along the beach away. The ocean viewing deck with fun dance music won us over too.
Yeah, we stayed awhile.
Dinner at Coco Bistro was my favorite. Wesley had lobster for the first time. He was real into asking the waiters what they recommended and it turned out to be the best way to go.
It would have been hard to pick a favorite because the food everywhere was impressing us, but Coco Bistro's coconut cream pie tasted like heaven on earth and that sealed the deal. We actually had a little bit of rain one night and it was throwing all the locals for a tailspin. You could tell they never get rain the way the taxi driver would say, man this rain is really cramping my style.
This rainy night we couldn't decide where to eat and randomly ended up at a place called Vix. Apparently it was meant to be because the bartender became our new best friend and we realized we were all born in May... in the same year. Yep, me, Wesley and the bartender, Roosevelt, were basically the three amigos this night. But it doesn't stop there....Roosevelt's brother's name is Wesley too. This was all blowing Roosevelt's mind. He started bringing us free champagne and impressing us with his Bob Marley fire shot.
Our last night in Turks & Caicos, we watched the sun set at the highest point on the island at restaurant Magnolia. It was highly recommended like Coco Bistro so it was a perfect last dinner.
Wesley ordered the tuna which was, again his first time to order such. I love tuna so I probably took too many bites of his. It was so delish. I don't know what that sauce was but it was freaking good. It had a slight teriyaki taste to it, but other than that it is a mystery what that deliciousness was. I ordered a coffee since we were headed to listen to the live band at Somewhere after dinner. That's gotta be a sure sign you're getting old.
Since somewhere was about a five minute walk down the beach to our hotel, we walked backed once we couldn't hold our eyes open any longer. Walking along the ocean at night hand in hand was one of my faves.
One last tropical cocktail.


















Looks absolutely amazing!! I'm so glad you guys had a blast! I'll have to rival your photos in June when Brad and I head to Islamorada and Key West. We are going for our honeymoon/anniversary. I cannot wait and your pictures made me even more excited!!
ReplyDelete