Saturday, August 17, 2013

Boston

I have always heard great things about Boston, but even visiting with high hopes my expectations were exceeded. Love me some Boston (now I can say it along with everybody else).
 
The weekend could not have been more perfect. After getting checked in to our hotel on Friday, we headed over to The Liberty Hotel for dinner at Scampo. The Liberty Hotel used to be a prison and that is so cool to me. I love history so I think that's a part of why I loved Boston so much. History lessons are literally everywhere.


The next morning we walked around Newbury and Boylston and found Georgetown Cupcakes and of course had to have some. Even if it was only breakfast. Wesley decided on peaches and cream. Delicious.



We took our coffees over to the Boston Garden Park, which was right in our hotel's front yard (The Four Seasons - loved staying at this hotel so much, the concierge was incredibly knowledgeable, friendly & happy to help. Owe it to them for our successful trip in a few ways!). The park is so gorgeous. It was such a perfect morning.






As soon as breakfast was digested I was already thinking about my next meal. I was on a mission to have my first lobster roll. A recommended restaurant was B&G Oysters.


The Boston streets are so pretty and clean. I was really shocked at how gorgeous it all was.




One thing Wesley had always wanted to do when visiting Boston was the Sam Adams Brewery tour. So we took a cab from lunch to the Brewery and I'm so glad we did it. It was quite entertaining and the tour guides were hilarious. Oh and there was plenty of free Sam Adams beer.
 

Towards the end, the tour guides really talked up the history of the first bar that ever served Sam Adams beer. It is one of the oldest bars in America and a lot of movies have been filmed in it. The bar was also giving a free Sam Adams glass mug if you have a tour stamp and the brewery has its own party bus to take you there after the tour so who wants to say no to that?




After having a drink and leaving with our free glass mugs (and taking a picture of the bathroom floor) we headed over to the Harbor (Hahbah) for a sunset cruise. We saw a lot of action out on the water. Can you spy the airport in the background?



The USS Constitution
The world's oldest commissioned warship afloat shot a canon at sunset and then the boat we were on played our National Anthem. Pretty dang cool to witness.









The harbor was so pretty to sail into after the sun went down.


Of course we stopped by Cheers.

Whenever there are mirror elevators I take pictures. I don't know why. Wesley doesn't either.


The next morning we got in more exercise walking along the streets exploring.





 
 

We took a sightseeing tour along the river before heading out to Fenway for the Jay-Z / Justin Timberlake concert.

We took a quick picture on the harbor deck and then grabbed a cab for the concert at Fenway.












The concert was the most fun ever ever EVER. I can't think of another one that will ever top it. Thanks to Wesley for the most awesome birthday gift. I had the best time and I'm definitely coming back soon Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment