Who knew Katy Perry's fans were all young little girls?! We were definitely shocked to be in the midst of what was a sea of elementary school girls. Katy I love your music but your concerts are awkward for a 30 year old!
When we arrived at The Ritz Carlton the day of the concert, we got settled in to our gorgeous room and then headed straight to have a few drinks at their rooftop bar, chatting with the bartender and sitting in the sun (it was chilly if not!). We fit in an early dinner at RPM Italian before the concert had delicious drinks and amazing prosciutto. No sign of Giuliana or Bill.
The morning after we walked around the city and the line for Starbucks was insane. It may have taken us all day to get through that line so we went to the next best place that ended up having cute yellow coffee tops and the best hot fruit tea I've ever had. Wesley's was iced and something with ginger and I'm pretty sure I even loved his more.
At least I didn't yell out hotty toddy and just took a discreet picture instead. :)
Next on the agenda was the J. Parker rooftop bar. This was quite the happening place and so much fun.
The next morning we started our day off with a little coffee at Little Goat. It was right next door to our planned lunch spot.
One of the best meals was Au Cheval, the restaurant next door. Their burger is named "Best in America" so of course it had to be the best meal. Au Cheval is small, dark and quaint and we ate that wonderful burger, fries topped with a fried egg, and of course not without a bloody mary on the side.
Off to take our full bellies to the ballpark. We took the subway with the rest of Chicago to go see the Cubs at Wrigley Field!
Grabbed some gear from the shop across the street and you could've mistaken us for Cub fans :)
Our last meal was brunch at Waldorf Astoria followed by shopping Michigan Ave.
Chicago was a great summer trip and I loved that City!






























No comments:
Post a Comment