Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ole Miss defeats LSU


Wesley and I went to Oxford to see the Ole Miss beat LSU this weekend. It was so great to finally go to the grove this year. I forgot how extremely crowded and unlike any other place it truly is. I love it and it brings back the best memories of college! The LSU fans were really everywhere and of course a little obnoxious at times, but it was still a great atmosphere. Wesley was able to spend time with good friends from his hometown and watch some of the State game at one of their tents. I ran around for a bit to visit with friends and Thomas at his tent.


Despite the SEC officials' calls in the beginning, costing us potentially 14 points, we came out winners! Thank goodness too for the terrible play call by Les Miles in the 4th quarter. We went back to the grove for a little while after the big win and then hit the square. We stayed the night Saturday with Camille, one of my best friends who is in her first year of law school, and it was so good to see her even though it was for a short time. We had a great time seeing good friends and a great game!
On the way home Sunday morning, Wesley and I passed a truck that said LS WHO? 23 - 25!

Also, Sandra Bullock did "Are You Ready?" wearing an Ole Miss t-shirt! It was great! And later Wesley said that Sandra Bullock is just a "has-been". I'll have to point out to him all the nominations and awards she is yet to get for The Blindside and The Proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment