Tuesday, September 14, 2010

football jersey or 80's attire?

It seems it's always raining on the first day every time I make it to New Orleans. The drive is always crystal clear and then a little while after we take off walking around in the sunshine... the bottom drops. We ended up purchasing New Orleans umbrella #2 after we were stuck on Magazine Street in a souvenir shop for over an hour. Finally, a rainbow appeared and we decided to brave the last of it. In just enough time for us to change clothes and head over to Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse for dinner.
Our first stop Saturday morning was to enjoy beignets and cafe au laits.
After breakfast we met up with friends and the large number of Ole Miss fans crowding the streets in red and blue out early and ready to support the Rebels against Tulane. This is when I realized how unaware I was of the evident jersey wearing trend. Football jerseys seem to have blossomed just recently as game day attire among the girls. Even the girliest student. For the other thirty or so percent, they were bringing back the 80's in a drastic way. I'm not loving the jerseys but I do love the look of the 80's.
I wish I had taken a picture of the sea of football jerseys and the tight skirts with loose-fitting-off-the-shoulder shirts. But what I do have is the shot Wesley took of my reaction after I was asked by Margie if her hair was looking flat. It was ridiculously steamy all day and by this point I had given up on my own looks!
XOXO New Orleans. Be back soon. But...
Please hold off on the rain next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment