Wednesday, December 19, 2012

favorite Christmas movies

One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching Christmas movies. It's hard to pick a favorite but these are a few of my favorites:

At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell. But as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found, one Christmas, that she could no longer hear it’s sweet sound. Though I have grown old, the bell still rings for me. As it does for all who truly believe. - The Polar Express

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the fields, keeping watch over their flocks by night. And lo, the Angel of the Lord came upon them, and the Glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the Angel said unto them, ‘Fear no, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to ALL people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.’ And suddenly there was with the Angel a multitude of heavenly hosts praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, good will toward men.’ That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown” - A Charlie Brown Christmas

This is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back. No toys, nothing but Peter, Kate, Buzz, Megan, Linnie, and Jeff. And my aunt and my cousins. And in a few years time, my Uncle Frank. Okay? - Home Alone

It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled until his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. – How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Arthur: Iris, in the movies, we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are the leading lady, but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend.
Iris: You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake! Arthur, I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant. - The Holiday

OK, if I had to pick a favorite I would have to go with The Polar Express. Home Alone is a close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment