This club, that is.
I don't really pin any of all the creative ideas and do-it-yourself's that are all over Pinterest. I'm more into pinning anything that makes me happy or inspires me instead of collecting tons of DIY ideas. I do use the Pinterest search engine every now and then though if I'm interested in looking for something specific. Like window valances.
I was just going to have one made. I even went to a fabric store on Saturday to put in my order. Then, today I started getting curious if there might be some easy way for me to make it myself. Because that would be much quicker than waiting on someone else to sew one. So I typed in "window valances" into the search option.
I knew I found a winner when all that was needed was fabric, a hot glue-gun, straight pins and a polystyrene panel from Lowes {6 panels for $10!}. I went by Lowes on my way home and got the Perma foam panels and ran by the dollar store for a bunch of straight pins. I followed this tutorial and it literally took me under 30 minutes before I had a window valance on my window.
Seriously amazing! Love that you practice what you pin -- I need to do this more often. It turned out so well!
ReplyDelete